Mami's Bead Jewelry - Michaels Arts & Crafts Book
The Michaels Book of Arts & Crafts for ideas and inspiration!
This interesting new book includes one of Mami's necklaces
in the chapter on bead jewelry!
When Mami was asked what she thought of the editors naming it the "Good Mood" necklace,
she replied that "all bead necklaces are supposed to put you in a good mood and this one
definitely does it for me"!
Published in September 2003, this fun and multi-faceted book is by Dawn Cusick (with Megan Kirby),
author/editor of many other great craft books. It covers techniques for 27 different arts & crafts
project areas, with step-by-step instructions. There are beautiful color photographs illustrating
the projects on practically every page!
Here are some of the project areas covered:
- Beading: wire and bead jewelry, wire crafting, and decorative beading
- Clay: polymer and bread dough
- Painting: stenciling, faux finishing, and gold leafing
- Paper: memory books and cards, decoupage, rubber stamping
- Floral crafts: silk and dried flower arranging, potpourris and sachets
- Glass: glass painting and etching
- Home decorating: candlemaking and decorating (including gel) and soapmaking
- Wood: wood finishing and burning, plus clockmaking
- Fabric: painting on fabric, tie-die, and sun painting
The list price of this book is $24.95 (amazing when you consider that it has
over 500 pages). It can be ordered from
Amazon.Com for 30% off the list price
(shipping and handling is extra).